Thursday, July 29, 2010

The art of remaining your own self.....

Ive heard that it takes about a lifetime to discover your own self....
The identification and acceptance of your pros n cons!

It takes even longer, to sink it into u!

well......they say, we all hav to go thru it at some point in our lives...
no matter how much we ignore..... or evn run frm it!

n so it happened in the case of the writer......
a long era of self discovery ended......n an elated journey began!!

at first the starling details created ripples of pleasure...
for these were truths i nvr knew existed!!

i sumhow managed to get acceptance not just frm my end but others too......
who were pleased to knw me a bit more closely.....

i started getting comfortable in my own skin....
accepting my different shades....
learning to enjoy my own priorities.....my own idea of peace!

i started to evaluate my old n new sides......
voicing my opinion as a right n not a grace!!

but mayb the most difficult to do......is accept that things change......
n most of all......that 'people' change.....

the same people who embraced the new me.....
looked up wid pondering eyes....
wondering.......about wht went wrong wid me!

not that its unexpected......
its just not wht u wanna knw!

n so i started to figure out.....
whether my acceptance matters or others......

the love i share n pour.....is deeply scrutinized....
n my words......slaughtered!!
my reactions are questioned...
but the action leading to the reaction.... blissfully ignored!!

n so now, i ponder......
was it a mistake to accept the self??

is it being stubborn to justify ur deed n not just accept defeat?

Am I deserving of being called a Rebel?


Is being my own self, something too much to ask for??

2 comments:

Anuradha Shankar said...

good one... but why so introspective all of a sudden? is everything ok?

Unknown said...

i liked the old pic btr........it had a wonderful quality abt u in it!!
n well thght of writing my mind at that moment so did......